POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An excellent screed on copyright, DRM, piano rolls, etc. : Re: An excellent screed on copyright, DRM, piano rolls, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An excellent screed on copyright, DRM, piano rolls, etc.
From: Warp
Date: 22 May 2009 16:04:46
Message: <4a17055e@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> >   How much does it cost to create one CD of music?

> As much as it costs to create one CD of software. Pennies.

  I didn't ask "how much does it cost to create one CD?"

  I asked "how much does it cost to create one CD *of music*". There's
a big difference. Making the music costs money.

  However, my point is that it costs *nowhere* near the budget of a
blockbuster movie. Not even if you rent an entire opera house and an
entire philarmonic orchestra (which is, btw, what most movies do
*besides* everything else; the music CD doesn't need the "everything
else").

--
                                                          - Warp