POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax : Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requesting ideas/opinions for RNG seeding syntax
From: Warp
Date: 21 May 2009 02:17:07
Message: <4a14f1e2@news.povray.org>
Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I like this idea as well--very simple. Although, I don't see how the more
> complex random generators that Warp has mentioned would be able to be
> incorporated in such a scheme, IF we continue to use just seed() with a single
> value (as we do now.) I.e., how would seed(23) provide or access all the
> multiple variables that have been discussed?

  seed() can be changed so that it can take any amount of parameters.

  If the current RNG is being used, it would just take the first parameter
and ignore the rest. If RNGs with support for larger seeds are used, they
would take as many parameters as given (up to the maximum amount supported
by the RNG).

--
                                                          - Warp