POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post POV? : Re: Post POV? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post POV?
From: Ken
Date: 20 May 2009 08:45:21
Message: <4a13fb61@news.povray.org>
"Josh English" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4a0deb154eec845c61c4f2f40@news.povray.org...
> I'll step out of the murky depths at add a cent or two.
> I was really active here ten to fifteen years ago. RL got in the way, and
> worse,
> I lost a couple of gigs of POV-related code in an archiving accident. I
> was so
> wounded by the experience I couldn't get back into POV-Ray.
>
> I still dabble but don't do anything of real import. Losing POV-Ray meant
> losing
> art for a while.
>
> Josh English

I'll step out of the closet for a moment or two, too....  Hi Josh :)

I was at one point in time in the distant past the most prolific poster on
these forums. Real life got in the way for me and when I figured out how
to get past that I discovered the joy of digital photography. I loved
POV-Ray
but I was never really all that artistic with it. Digital photography
released
what few creative talents I have and still demands much of my spare time.
I, too, still dabble with POV-Ray but no where to the extent I once did. I
do a lot of busines travel and have POV-Ray installed on my work laptop.
During those lonely nights in the motel rooms I sometimes fire it up to keep
entertained. I still marvel at what this program can do.

Ken Tyler - Retired POV-Ray TAG Member