POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's the Question that drives us : Re: It's the Question that drives us Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's the Question that drives us
From: Invisible
Date: 20 May 2009 04:49:18
Message: <4a13c40e@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> When talking to people that you want to find you interesting, keep it simple
> so you don't scare them off.

Yeah, I guess. This particular individual, I don't especially care what
she thinks about me. Hence the rather vertical description. (But I think
she might have spotted the pile of papers as I attempted to derive a
Taylor series from first principles while waiting for Windows to install...)

>>   You look like you're falling asleep there.
>>
>>   Uh? Oh, no, I'm just thinking.
>>
>>   What are you thinking about?
>>
>>   Math.
>>
>>   What??
>>
>>   (You won't be asked "what??" because everyone knows what math is.)
>>
>>   ...why?
>>
>>   Oh, it's this thing I'm working on. It uses fractals and stuff. It's
>> pretty cool.

How many normal humans know what a "factal" is? Not many, IME.

> If they're interested, they'll ask more questions. If they're not, they
> won't think you're crazy.

It's just the way she looked at me like I was some sort of freak of
nature or something... *sigh*

Mind you, given who we're talking about here, that's kind of the pot
calling the kettle black. :-P