POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delusions : Re: Delusions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delusions
From: Invisible
Date: 20 May 2009 04:36:10
Message: <4a13c0fa$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> What can I say? I guess I'm slowly losing my mind. Still, I'm in good
> company. We just had a "presentation" here that basically consisted of
> management cheerfully telling us that [more] compulsary redundancies are
> on the way in the next few days. This time they're going to interview
> everybody in the building and decide who to get rid of.

So our lab has been basically empty for about 8 months now. As a result
of this, we have a serious financial problem. So they want to get rid of
some employees to control expenses.

Wanna guess who's going?

Yeah, that's right. One of our sales staff.

Yes, you heard me right. We're not getting enough contracts, so we're
going... to... get rid... of some of our sales staff...? WTF?

I mean, from the beginning they seemed to be focusing *only* on reducing
expenses and not even looking at increasing income. Since our massive
problem here is an utter lack of work to do, looking at how to increase
orders would seem the obvious place to go. But no, they're looking at
how to decrease costs. And they're going to do it by... reducing the
sales force?

I mean, one could argue that the sales guys aren't being very
successful, so maybe replacing some of them, I don't know... but just
*reducing* the sales force? That seems... kind of... braindead?
(Besides, even just replacing sales people... as I understand it, it's
all about individual sales staff developing a personal relationship with
the clients. Replace a sales person and they have to do all that work,
all over again...)

Yet again, my employer seems to be deliberately _trying_ to cause
themselves problems. But hey, what do I know about running a business?