POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good thing we have those standards! : Re: Good thing we have those standards! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good thing we have those standards!
From: Darren New
Date: 19 May 2009 12:14:38
Message: <4a12daee$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh/archive/2009/05/09/1-2-1.aspx

> As an aside, does anyone know if Doug Mahugh is blogging as part of his
> duties as an employee of M$ or is he writing from a heartfelt belief
> that his employers are right?

msdn.com is a Microsoft corporate site. I'd have to say they at least
approve of his position. If he were blogging for himself alone, I'd think MS
would make him blog on a different site or something.

Now, are they paying him to write articles, or is he doing it as a sideline
to his job? That I dunno. But I don't imagine too much stuff stays up on
blogs.msdn.com that MS doesn't approve of.

Unless giant corporations have gotten much more relaxed about such things
since last time I worked in a giant corporation. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)