POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drugs for breakfast. : Re: Drugs for breakfast. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drugs for breakfast.
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 May 2009 09:53:40
Message: <4a116864$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Sure. But (for example) a magic bracelet that makes you thin would be a
> "drug" by their definition - even though none of the chemicals that
> compose it ever end up inside you.

yyyes. But then the FDA is there to smack people who make
unsubstantiated claims when regarding the health effects of a particular
product. The term "drug" is a technicality in this regard. As in, "So
you say it acts like a drug, then? We'll just have to treat it like a drug"

What I wonder is why is there a loophole for anything marked as a
"Dietary Supplement"

--
~Mike