POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: nemesis
Date: 17 May 2009 21:32:46
Message: <4a10babe@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Sure, I was pointing out the similarities.
>
> I think I'll just leave this with the comment that I think you're wrong,
> I don't think Watchmen and Incredibles had much in common. You cherry
> pick a handful of similarities

Yes, my point was exactly to list the *striking* similarities, not the
differences.

> and ignore the overall plot, mood, and
> characterization, the elements that make each of these works memorable.
> Neither of these works is a plot-driven story, so comparing similarities
> in the plots is pointless given the differences in the important parts.

You're very right in that, indeed.  They are multi-faceted gems,
beautiful to look at from various different angles.

I think it's still worth mentioning though, for no other reason than to
dismiss the idea that Brad Genius Bird came up with all these ideas by
himself.  But it doesn't matter:  wikipedia is a revisionists dream,
since it only points to official positions from official mouths.