POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 May 2009 20:58:35
Message: <4a10b2bb$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 17 May 2009 22:05:55 -0300, nemesis wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> What could be more verifiable than the work itself?
>>
>> The work doesn't state its inspiration.  The work is the work, not a
>> "making of the work" work.
>
> I think by now it's pretty much clear that I dropped altogether trying
> to imply The Incredibles is *inspire by* Watchmen and was just trying to
> list the plot points similarities, right?  Which is not possible,
> either.

Yeah, and apparently because you started by trying to say "this proves
it", they've rejected those edits as well, perhaps thinking you're trying
to sneak your "proof of inspiration" in the back door by starting with
something less declarative in the hopes that later you (or someone else)
will be able to make a minor edit that changes it back to being proven.

Jim