POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: somebody
Date: 17 May 2009 20:09:31
Message: <4a10a73b$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote in message

[...]

> He also denies Fantastic Four, but still you have a family quartet with:

> * similar name for the heroes (Incredible/Fantastic)

I take it "Average Joe" was taken.

> * similar uniforms (different color, i instead of 4)

Besides being both super-dorky, as is common to the genre, how are these
uniforms in any way or form similar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tiposter.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Watchmencharacters.jpg

> * a super-strong being (Mr. Incredible/The Thing)

A super-strong being in the super hero comic. What are the odds!

I don't doubt there are similarities. And you might be even correct about
direct inspiration. But it's probably next to impossible to prove anything
within such a formula based genre. I am afraid it looks like you are letting
your good judgement be clouded by your contempt for Disney and adoration of
Moore.