POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: nemesis
Date: 17 May 2009 17:23:53
Message: <4a108069@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> There is no sources for the Fantastic Four similarities either (in fact,
> there is a [citation needed] tag), so I just removed it.

The problem I see is that wikipedia simply lacks common sense.  Ok, so
that's a encyclopedia thing.

The fact that you have to source someone saying:
* similar name for the heroes (Incredible/Fantastic)
* similar uniforms (different color, i instead of 4)
* a super-strong being (Mr. Incredible/The Thing)
* an elastic being (Elastigirl/Mr Fantastic)
* an invisible woman able to create force fields (Violet/Ms. Fantastic)
* a high-energy being (Dash/Human Torch) (actually, Dash has more to do
with The Flash sure)
* a last enemy by the name of Underminer resembles a lot the The Mole
Man, first enemy of FF

rather than simply lookup such info in the works themselves -- pretty
much a part of popular "inconscient collective" by now -- doesn't sound
credible.

Would the above newsgroups post serve as reference?  A blog entry?