POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 17 May 2009 15:59:41
Message: <4a106cab@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 May 2009 19:21:56 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>
>>> And Wikipedia itself is not an acceptable source for content added to
>>> Wikipedia:
>>
>> That would be kinda self-reinforcing, wouldn't it?
>
> The point is not to add content to wikipedia based on wikipedia content.
>   The wikipedia content at question is merely a plot overview.  I'm just
> saying there that "The incredibles" has a very similar plot to Watchmen
> and for the purpose of illustration I link to the plot overview in the
> wikipedia entry for Watchmen.  Which itself has no other reference than
> the work itself.

You looked at one plot, you looked at another plot, you decided they were
similar. That's original research.

You need to quote a reliable source saying the plots are similar, not quote
reliable sources on what the plots are, and making *your* conclusion that
they are similar, or that one was inspired on the other.