POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: nemesis
Date: 17 May 2009 15:10:54
Message: <4a10613e@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>>  What I don't agree is to see all these very same elements together in
>> the same order as they appear in Watchmen in The Incredibles as well.
>
> They're not in the same order. Killing the superheros starts and drives
> Watchmen, and is almost incidental in Incredibles, well near the end and
> already into the rescue phase.

No, Mr. Incredible notices Gazerbeam going missing in a newspaper early
on and even comment it with Frozone while in the car.  It does not take
front stage, but is acknowledged to be happening way before the story
starts.

BTW, masked vigilantes killing in Watchmen is just a suggested plot by
Rorschach to explain The Comedian's death.  He is truly paranoid.  No
previous such killings before nor after, except "career" incidents in
older times, like Dollar Bill's being shot by criminals after the cape
gets entangled in a door, just as other such examples of similar
old-time deaths in The Incredibles.  The Incredibles diverged here by
making the suggested plot to be real, just like making supers truly supers.