POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Darren New
Date: 16 May 2009 14:03:58
Message: <4a0f000e$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> The Incredibles or Watchmen?  your choice...

Your plotline doesn't really match Watchmen, or Incredibles.

Watchmen didn't have super-heros abounding - they were normal people, except
for Jon, who doesn't exactly Abound.  The government rules them out for
different reasons, and those reasons motivate the remaining heroes
differently. In Watchmen, there are people living normal lives, some in
undercover activities, and some working for the government. In Incredibles,
nobody "discovers" a malign plan hidden on an island- Mr Incredible is
invited to participate in the plan and does so unwittingly. In Incredibles,
nobody goes investigating any conspiracy to kill super heroes - nobody knows
they're dead until Mr Incredible finds the bodies. Rorschach isn't tortured,
he's locked in prison. It isn't "Fellows" who free Mr Incredible, but his
family.

You left out all the things in the movies that make them different, as well.
Like, the whole theme of good vs bad, the moral of the story, the
motivations, the personalities, and everything else that makes Incredibles a
child's movie and Watchmen an adult's movie. You left out the coming-of-age
bit with the kids, the turning of the loyalties of the kid's henchwoman in
Incredibles, etc.

Or are you saying it would be difficult to write a plot summary for Watchmen
that shares *nothing* with the plot summary above?

Altho I will say, unlike some here, you *do* seem to be able to admit you
*might* be a little bit wrong, or at least that there might be multiple
perspectives, or I wouldn't have even bothered this far. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)