POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Chambers
Date: 16 May 2009 11:39:27
Message: <4a0ede2f@news.povray.org>
On 5/15/2009 7:12 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Star Wars, The Belgariad, and Dune, and Magician:Apprentice (and its
> sequels) all have a common plot - the world is in trouble and then saved
> by a messiah character.  That doesn't mean they were inspired by the
> Bible (or that any of their authors read the Bible or were even inspired
> by it).

Actually, I saw an interview with George Lucas once where he pretty much
stated that Star Wars was inspired by the Bible.  His whole point in
making it was, "What if Jesus turned bad?"  Of course, it took him more
than 20 years to really finish the whole story, but that's beside the
point...

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com