POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: nemesis
Date: 16 May 2009 00:43:22
Message: <4a0e446a@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Can you prove it by citing a reference?  No.  You've looked at the
> plotlines of the two stories and come to the conclusion that Bird was
> inspired by Watchmen.
>
> That's fine, that's called research.
>
> Wikipedia is not a publisher of research.  It's (ostensibly) a publisher
> of facts.  Facts are backed up by research (aka "citations").

Fine.  The fact is that the plots are too damn similar and it should be
listed there, encyclopedically.  The fact is that there's no reliable
citation for the plot of Watchmen other than reading the work itself.

The fact is that I don't care anymore.  Let Disney rewrite history and
Bird cite his own family inspirations for a plot that resembles so much
that of a mature comic book classic...