POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 May 2009 00:22:49
Message: <4a0e3f99$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 May 2009 23:34:16 -0300, nemesis wrote:

>> Star Wars, The Belgariad, and Dune, and Magician:Apprentice (and its
>> sequels) all have a common plot - the world is in trouble and then
>> saved by a messiah character.  That doesn't mean they were inspired by
>> the Bible (or that any of their authors read the Bible or were even
>> inspired by it).
>
> Did you actually read what I wrote.

Yes.

> It's not a generic set of plot
> points, they are very specific and "awkward" set of plot points
> identical in both works.

That doesn't matter.  If you want to say Bird was inspired by Watchmen,
cite a reference where he says that was the case.  Otherwise, it's a
guess.  It may be a good guess, but it's still a guess.

> You may not be aware of it, but Watchmen is a very known super-hero
> classic.  It was also the only comic book in Time magazine's list of 100
> most significant XX century books.

I am aware of what it is, but that's not relevant to making that
assertion.

That's the point I was trying to make.

Jim