POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:51:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Darren New
Date: 15 May 2009 23:39:36
Message: <4a0e3578@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> I don't think that's mere coincidence.

Then it's original research. If *you* think it's not mere coincidence, you
don't have a citation.

> Besides, I don't think Brad Bird would go on and admit a ripping like that.

So not only is it original research, you're admitting the unlikeliness that
there even *is* a citation you don't know about.

I suspect if you had a paragraph starting "The Incredibles shares a striking
number of plot elements with Watchmen," and you took it out of the
"inspiration" part, it might fly. But "inspiration" isn't about how many
plot points it shares. It's about the thought processes of the author.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)