POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: Darren New
Date: 15 May 2009 23:37:24
Message: <4a0e34f4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> I'm just saying there that "The incredibles" has a very similar plot
>>> to Watchmen
>>
>> No, you're saying Incredible was *inspired* by Watchmen, not just
>> similar.
>>
>> You would need to show that Brad Bird, for example, was aware of
>> Watchmen and knew the plot when he was making the Incredibles, as a
>> minimum.
>
> How could he not be aware of this classic?

It doesn't matter. If you assert Bird was inspired, you would need to give a
reference to it. They're saying you are doing original research. I agree
with their opinion because the rest of your message is arguing that your
original research is plausible or even likely.

> what I do know is:

... a whole list of things which have nothing to do with Bird or his thought
processes.

> If that's not enough for a link, I'll eat my underwear...

I think it's enough for your link. That isn't the point.

Did you figure this link out yourself? Or did you read about it somewhere?

If the former, it's original research. If the latter, provide the citation.
It seems pretty easy to me. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)