POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: nemesis
Date: 15 May 2009 16:34:49
Message: <4a0dd1e9@news.povray.org>
I tried updating the wikipedia entry on The Incredibles with the
following update:

A more direct inspiration is the comic book masterpiece Watchmen, by
Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. In it, super-heroes are banned and living
common life, a plot to secretly kill heroes is going on, there's a
mysterious Island where a threatening menace is being created (not in
the Watchmen movie though), the plan of the "villain" itself being to
lie to people that they are under attack so that he can secretly realize
his fantasy of being hero of the world. The main differences being that
Watchmen's "villain" truly turns out to save the world by way of his
machiavelic plan and that no hero is truly super: the only one with true
superpower couldn't care less for mankind or living organisms. Even the
"no cape" is from Watchmen, as one of the hooded crime busters of the
past is shot to death as his cape gets entangled in a bank's revolving
door. The Omnidroid closely resembles the organic life-form the
Watchmen's "villain" has built, tentacles, monocular vision and size
matching.

I tried inserting the above paragraph at wikipedia's entry for The
Incredible's, section "Brad Bird's inspiration" but I was faced with
heavy monitoring from wikipedia bastard moderators.  I am under the
assumption they work for Disney, as they don't care to verify the
sources themselves.  Really, that's not original, non-verifiable
research:  it's simply the description of the plot of both works, except
that the one from Watchmen is from 1987, from an acclaimed comic book.

You can see it in this revision:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Incredibles&oldid=290153780#Brad_Bird.27s_inspiration

here's the wikipedia entry for Watchmen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen

and here's the bastard wikipedia minion exerting its lame act on behalf
of Disney integrity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:201.47.188.2

Would some of you join me in trying to bring this issue to light and
overcome wikipedia's moderating lameness?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9