POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This term has always bothered me ... : This term has always bothered me ... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  This term has always bothered me ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 May 2009 12:34:33
Message: <4a0d9999$1@news.povray.org>
From here:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/25550

> a former student at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New
> Jersey says he is the victim of discrimination after he was suspended

> the US. Some class members were offended that Serodio would describe
> himself as African American. According to Serodio, this incident led
> to harassment which included assault and damage to his car. The final
> straw was when the school suspended him.

If anybody should be considered African-American, it would be him. I
hate the term, because it makes no sense in it's current usage. It used
to be you could call people black, or white ...Now it's politcally
"incorrect" so, we come up with BS terms like this ... Africa is a huge
continent, some people are black, some white, some other skintones.
--
~Mike