POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Star Trek movie whoops.... : Re: Star Trek movie whoops.... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Trek movie whoops....
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 May 2009 18:34:30
Message: <4a0c9c76$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> I've heard that; part of what turned me off, to be honest, was the "hair
> band" theme music.  But I didn't give it much of a chance, I'll admit to
> that. :-)

Why does everyone hate the music? Mind, it would have been nice to see
something more "original", but the opening music matched the whole,
"This is just one more step in a long progression.", kind of idea.

Admit though, the mess on board the "new" Enterprise in the movie, for
the larger ship, makes the "experimental" original ship look futuristic.
Spent a lot of time thinking, "Good lord, did they go back 100 years to
build this thing out of parts of a factory?" lol

Mind, I figured the explanation could be a case of having to glue a lot
of stuff together to make a lot of ships, instead of "carefully"
building it, due to the events at the start of the movie, and the more
"high techie" look of the bridge, which is crammed full of junk the
original ships from the original Trek, to the movies, etc., wouldn't
have had in them, is a similar side effect. Cram every instrument and
display into the thing you can, in hopes it will help in the next
situation. I get the sense that losing a ship so fast and so completely
may have "spooked" Starfleet. Especially if you figure the events in
Enterprise where also a "shift" into the same alternate timeline path,
since we can presume that there was no temporal cold war, or Xindi
attacks in the "original" path of time. Lot of minor variations get
introduced, and a few fairly big ones, even if the "general" course of
events tend to follow the same trajectory.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {