POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WOW factor : Re: WOW factor Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WOW factor
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 May 2009 18:16:17
Message: <4a0c9831$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 May 2009 22:23:39 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 14 May 2009 14:39:07 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>Well, in fairness, I've never actually been there, but I've heard it
>>described as good.
>>
>>Maybe it takes a large crowd to get it sounding right?
>
> It certainly has a great atmosphere. Maybe a concert that is mic'ed
> sounds better but I've been to a couple of proms and unless you are in
> the good seats or the choir (nice one Andrew) voices can sound drowned
> out or very faint.

That makes sense, I could see that - there is a concert hall in
Minneapolis that's kinda like that (acoustically) - you could sit in the
back of the third tier and hear the conductor wrinkle a dollar bill, but
I could see that vocal performances could sound quite muddy from time to
time if you weren't in the right place.

> Point of interest (or not) When the RAH was being built some boxes were
> sold in perpetuum. So there are some people that have a right to go to
> any performance without paying.

That is interesting.  :-)

Jim