POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WOW factor : Re: WOW factor Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WOW factor
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 May 2009 17:26:16
Message: <4a0c8c78$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> It certainly has a great atmosphere. Maybe a concert that is mic'ed sounds
> better but I've been to a couple of proms and unless you are in the good seats
> or the choir (nice one Andrew) voices can sound drowned out or very faint.

When you have a 25-tonne organ with almost 10,000 pipes in it... you
don't need electronic amplification. ;-)

Heck, half the time I felt like saying to the orchestra "guys, I know
you've practiced this for months, but seriously... GO HOME! We can't
hear anything. The organ is completely drowning you lot." :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/