POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting dice problem : Re: Interesting dice problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting dice problem
From: Darren New
Date: 14 May 2009 16:01:56
Message: <4a0c78b4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   But the idea is to get a random number between 1 and 6.

Not having thought too hard, I would say you could basically number the
hands, so rock=0, scissors=1, paper=2, and have people throw. The modulo sum
or difference could be a number between 0 and 2, so you get more bits per throw.

Too busy at the moment to try to deveop the idea further, but if it's
acceptable to just throw fingers (i.e., from 0 to 5 fingers), there's your
1d6 in one throw right there.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)