POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Star Trek movie whoops.... : Re: Star Trek movie whoops.... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Trek movie whoops....
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 May 2009 12:12:35
Message: <4a0c42f3$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 May 2009 16:57:40 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>> Invisible wrote:
>>> Dude... I thought nerds being obsessed with Star Trek was just a
>>> stereotype. I didn't realise people actually *watch* this stuff! o_O
>>
>> 	I think you're confusing it with Star Wars.
>
> No. Star Wars was *enjoyable* to watch. (Except the recent prequels.)

Trek is pretty enjoyable to watch as well.  The thing that both Star Wars
and Star Trek have in common is that largely the technology used is used
to support a fairly strong character story - the stories in general
aren't about the technology.

Particularly in the more resent spin-off series of Trek - DS9 for example.

Pity "Enterprise" was so bad, though - at least the few episodes I
watched.

Jim