POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Star Trek movie whoops.... : Re: Star Trek movie whoops.... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Trek movie whoops....
From: Chambers
Date: 14 May 2009 10:00:27
Message: <4a0c23fb$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/14/2009 6:09 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> If nobody watched it, I seriously doubt it would have racked up 700
>> episodes and
>> 11 movies... ;-)
>
> In a similar way, there must be *somebody* somewhere who watches Oprah.
> [Hard to comprehend as that might be...]

Middle-aged white housewives.  My wife's not middle-aged yet, but she
loves Oprah.

(Actually, in all honesty, the show really isn't that bad).

> Of course, Star Trek isn't nearly as lame as Oprah. Star Trek is
> actually mildly amusing at times. But I didn't think anybody was that
> fussed about it...

You're talking about the people who violently opposed a video game
(Starfleet Command 2) because they got the stats on the spaceship
movement slightly wrong.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com