POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Star Trek movie whoops.... : Re: Star Trek movie whoops.... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Trek movie whoops....
From: Darren New
Date: 14 May 2009 01:28:14
Message: <4a0babee$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Oh?  I thought the whole point of the deflector shields was to prevent
> the ship from getting hit by space dust and larger bits of rubble as it
> ploughed through the universe at transluminal velocities.

It's hard to say about warp speed, but they're certainly supposed to be a
wartime defense, given how often the captian yells "Shields up!" whenever an
enemy ship uncloaks or something.  They don't seem to actually work against
physical attacks in any of the movies, tho.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)