POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2009 12:54:28
Message: <4a0afb44$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 May 2009 07:07:35 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> *Jots this down* I'll keep that in mind, should I ever need to act out
> the heroic efforts of poorly acted action at 35,000 feet film. ;-)

The interesting thing is that the Mythbusters actually did this (well, in
a full-cockpit simulator).  They tried to land it on their own and didn't
do very well, but they also pointed out that the autopilots in aircraft
these days are pretty amazing, and the plane can for the most part fly
itself.

Jim