POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Completely random and silly questions : Re: Completely random and silly questions Server Time
9 Oct 2024 10:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Completely random and silly questions
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2009 12:26:39
Message: <4a0af4bf$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 May 2009 18:59:08 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I've got some lovely habanero cheese here. :-)
>
> That somehow sounds delicious, but I normally don't like the taste of
> habaneros at all (but find jalapenos generally fantastic).  One
> exception was a friend's salsa which was 4/5 onion and 1/5 habanero -- I
> have no idea why it tasted so good (there were probably some
> preparation/ingredients I missed).

I find habaneros have a bit of sweetness to them, but I won't eat them
straight - but they make a good dry rub for wings (for example).

> No liking habaneros, I do find it useful to keep a bottle of really hot
> sauce around so I can add it to foods in drop-sized amounts and heat
> them up without changing their flavor too much.

Hmmm, I might have to consider that.  My wife can't have spicy foods (she
generally reacts very badly to peppers), so often I have to spice things
up for myself.

Jim