POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 13 May 2009 08:27:17
Message: <4a0abca5@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> "mone" <mon### [at] alienenterprisesde> wrote:
>> Enviable :). I only can remember that I had to drive a car with broken brakes on
>> some occasions :(
>
> Hm... my "sleep cars" never had bad brakes. But occasionally I'd be dreaming to
> be driving down a slope, and not able to step on the brake hard enough to bring
> the car to a full halt. Always managed to avoid any accidents, but more often

Related, sort of ... Another thing that recurs in some dreams. I'll
enter a room and get a sense of dread. I reach for the light switch, and
flick it. The lights either don't come on at all, or only glow dimly. I
then spend a good portion of the dream debugging the switch ... or
freaking out ... depending on how strong the sense of dread is.

> As far as flying is concerned, I never needed planes for that. Just concentrate,
> and rise myself up into the air :D (It very much felt like lifting some weight,
> only that I seemed to be using muscles different from those commonly known to
> anatomy experts)

I have had that kind of flying, too... I do it for a while, then forget
how to... Gets frustrating.. ;)

--
~Mike