POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Darren New
Date: 12 May 2009 22:32:45
Message: <4a0a314d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:21:20 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>>> Wait, what? Auditors? Harm you? Paranoid much?
>> Well, it *is* their job to prove that I'm doing my job wrong
>
> Well, no, not really.  It's their job to prove your company is following
> the laws that they're required to and to document areas where compliance
> isn't being met.

In practice, auditors that don't find violations are like cops who don't
give out any tickets because people are all obeying the law. The auditor's
job may be to show your company is following the rules, but their
performance is judged on how many rulebreakers they find. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)