POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 May 2009 22:13:08
Message: <4a0a2cb4$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:57:39 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> I once sat a 45 minute test, finished in about 10 minutes. Went back and
> did it all again to check my work. Another 10 minutes.

That's one of the things that always got me in those classes - I'd also
often get done so early I wondered what I'd missed.

I did a certification test a few years ago that I did this on - exam was
2.5 hours long, I finished in 15 minutes.  So I checked my work - good
thing I did, because I did actually miss something, and ended up crashing
the test environment trying to fix it.

If it hadn't been for a configuration error in the exam environment, I
would've been outta there in 15 minutes.  Fixing a series of cascading
failures due to the configuration error took me another 2:15, at which
time the exam crashed hard.

I was quite pissed about it because I'd scheduled the exam time 30
minutes before my normal lunchtime.  So I was very hungry by the time it
crashed.

Jim