POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 May 2009 21:56:10
Message: <4a0a28ba$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 May 2009 15:04:58 -0700, Kevin Wampler wrote:

> Talking about dreams, does anyone have dreams with plots/locations
> spanning multiple sleeping cycles which you can't remember while awake?

Rarely, but I have had this happen.  Often times when it does happen it's
two subsequent sleep periods interrupted by being awake for a few
minutes, and often the dream is lucid - and that's the reason I go back
to sleep, to try to see what happens.

Recursive dreams are just weird.

I have a friend from years ago who used to keep a dream journal.  He
remembers distinctly waking up one night and writing about the dream in
the journal, but when he woke up the next morning, the pages were blank.
He'd apparently had a dream in the dream, dreamed that he had woken up
and written his entry and then gone back to sleep.

He said it was quite a pity, because he remembered the dream-in-a-dream
was good but not what it was.

Jim