POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Tim Cook
Date: 12 May 2009 18:58:38
Message: <4a09ff1e$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> A very unique atmosphere. I think there's nothing even remotely
>> comparable.
>
> I think Cowboy Bebop at least comes close.  Buy yes, Firefly was a great
> show.

The genre is "space western", and Firefly does it a bit more ham-handed
literally than some.  Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Gun X Sword, Trigun,
are others, as is the universe of "Galactic Railway" series (good grief,
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=764 ), Bravestarr,
Silverhawks, Space Rangers, technically Star Trek falls into this
category a bit, Star Wars a bit more...

So, yeah.  It's more common than you might think.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net