POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Completely random and silly questions : Re: Completely random and silly questions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Completely random and silly questions
From: Warp
Date: 12 May 2009 16:25:21
Message: <4a09db31@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> > 1) How many habanero chilis can an adult man eat without dying?

> As many as you can stand to eat. They're not toxic.

  But I understand that if you get an overdose of capsaicin, you could get
severe respiratory problems from the shock, among other symptoms. Not that
the capsaicin itself would cause the respiratory problems, but how it affects
pain receptors.

  A friend of mine gets severe hiccups if he eats too much chili in one go
(and believe me, he can eat a lot).

--
                                                          - Warp