POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That XKCD thing : Re: That XKCD thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That XKCD thing
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 May 2009 17:52:39
Message: <4a089e27$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 11 May 2009 22:32:22 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> OK, admit it: How many of you guys have thought something almost
>>> exactly like this while half asleep? ;-)
>>
>> I have an alarming number of dreams that involve school even to this
>> day - things like forgetting my locker combination, not being able to
>> find classrooms, etc.  From my high school, not from college.
>
> Ah. Yes, XKCD has already documented this too.
>
> http://xkcd.com/557/
>
> I can honestly say I have *never* had a dream anything like this. :-P

Yup, that one had a serious feeling of Deja Vu for me. :-)

And today's was quite good as well, but it helps if you've heard the Car
Talk radio programme (we listen to the podcast every week - think of Tom
& Ray as being the geekier cousins (who know more about how cars work as
a result of an engineering background) of the guys on Top Gear).

>> But I think the closest I come to something like this is ordering
>> something with my credit card on the phone and giving an expiration
>> date of 17-2011 or somesuch.
>
> Heh. I keep wanting to encrypt by brain to stop the auditors from trying
> to steal it...

LOL, you would certainly want to use an anti-heuristic algorithm, just to
confuse them.

Jim