POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : How to build boost to compile POVRay beta 32 : Re: How to build boost to compile POVRay beta 32 Server Time
15 May 2024 15:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to build boost to compile POVRay beta 32
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 May 2009 14:33:46
Message: <4a086f8a$2@news.povray.org>
Le 11/05/2009 10:43, Wise nous fit lire :
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to build beta 32 version on linux IA64 environment.
> I used boost_1_37_0.tar.bz2, below are command list
> tar --bzip2 -xf <boost>.tar.bz2
> cd <boost>
> ../configure --prefix=/installation/path --with-libraries=thread
> make
>
> go to povray beta 32 path
>
> ../configure COMPILED_BY="me" --prefix=/home/wchen18/povray
> --with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt
>

> Any one can help me what's wrong?

Boost must be installed, and the include file found by povray-configure.
(if /installation/path is not /usr, you must provide it with something like
--with-boost=/installation/path ... good luck, there is far too many options to change
the
place of boost in povray-configure and I do not understand how they are intended to
work)

cd <boost>
sudo make install

cd <povray>

The --with-boost-thread, unless you have a specific compiler issue, is superfluous.
(in
the end, I did not need it)
Also, I did it with boost-1.38, not sure it works with 1.37 (you will know, if it
failed
to link/ or compile about yield()...)
(and it's definitely not working with 1.35 now!)

Beware also, later, of conflict with old version of boost. (uninstall beforehand if
possible)

So far, povray-configure does not find your boost libraries.
(next, it will find the wrong version...)