POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
9 Oct 2024 09:56:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: somebody
Date: 11 May 2009 10:30:03
Message: <4a08366b$1@news.povray.org>
"Mueen Nawaz" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message

> > on
> >> Never said nor implied that it was.

> >> Companies try to market the result of artwork. They're free to change
> >> their business model to survive.

> > Something like: If I steal your car, you are free to ride a bike to
work.

> Something like: If my car gets stolen, I get to take your money  to
> make up for it.

That's called mandatory auto insurance. And you and I both pay upfront.
Funny how you think you are bringing up absurd analogies to detract, but
they end up supporting my case. You *do* pay a premium for financial damages
caused by thieves, be it autos or songs. So stop supporting them if you know
what's in your best interest.