POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 11 May 2009 10:24:26
Message: <4a08351a$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> So, if people start stealing tomatoes, farmers should adopt a new business
> model instead of seeking protection?

	If a person selling groceries leaves his wares out at night and doesn't
secure them, then yes - he needs to change his business model.

> It's supremely absurd to me that you advocate forcing law abiding businesses
> to succumb to theieves. Is your judgement being clouded by the underdog

	And the solution is to decriminalize much of it. They're thieves
because of overreaching laws, not because it is somehow morally or
ethically wrong.

> mentality? Some of the businesses may be big (many are not), but they are
> providing livelihood to many individuals, down to the janitor who cleans the
> studios.

	And yet, I don't believe they receive any of the payments from the
fines that people pay. Besides, I fail to see the point in invoking
them. A poor business model is at least as responsible for these
people's livelihoods as is piracy.

--
DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG (UNDER PENALTY OF LAW)

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl