POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LOL'd at myself : Re: LOL'd at myself Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOL'd at myself
From: Invisible
Date: 11 May 2009 08:26:03
Message: <4a08195b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Really? And what makes you think that? OpenGL with hardware
>> acceleration is equally fast if you call it from C or Haskell. :-P
>
> The original quake was not OpenGL... :) Though, they did release GLQuake.

You're probably right. I never saw it. (I only saw Quake II. For that
matter, I've never seen Quake III, although I'm told it exists.)

Of course, nobody has ever implemented Quake in Haskell. But they *have*
successfully implemented Doom. (And it loads original Doom "WAD" files.)

> And, isn't Haskell like an order of magnitude slower than ... just about
> everything else?

I actually can't decide whether you're being serious or not...