POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Toy .. : Re: Toy .. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toy ..
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 May 2009 08:10:11
Message: <4a0815a3@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:

> I just bought one of these and it's nice :)  Part of the reason I bought it is
> that I live a good 50+ minutes in good traffic from the airfield I normally fly
> at and I'm finding myself moving more and more toward smaller birds I can fly
> closer to home.

Hehe... Yeah, I have the same issue, airparks are hard to find. We have
some nice open areas around here though that would be ideal for flying
the smaller helicopters.

I've actually just pulled the trigger on a 400 size electric. The indoor
one is neat, but now I want more :D  I have a feeling I'll have a bit
more of a learning curve with this one, though, the coaxial is very tame
in how it responds to controls, the one I'll be getting by the end of
the week is fully aerobatic, so will tilt completely over, given enough
input on the cyclic control.

> It's novel to be talking on here about the other hobby that's been keeping me
> from my POV'ing.... (Guilt settles in.)

Yeah, I've got a few hobbies going. :D Believe it or not, this one so
far is cheaper than my other hobby. I've spent less total so far on RC
gear, than I have on camera gear. :D

--
~Mike