POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question of the week : Re: Stupid question of the week Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid question of the week
From: Invisible
Date: 11 May 2009 04:15:16
Message: <4a07de94@news.povray.org>
>> This is what I was looking for. Thanks.
>
> Note that this is also the command equivalent for "nice".

What does "nice" do?

>> Hmm. I'd have to compile the installer first. (Usually you just run
>> the installation program through the Haskell interpretter...)
>
> Start the haskell interpreter that way. Note that you're really running
> as administrator, so files created will be owned by administrator, etc.
> Sudo only changes part of your identity.

I don't think file ownership will be a problem. The permissions on the
folder are set correctly, so I think it'll work.

(I wonder how you get it to do the thing where it *asks* for permission
to do stuff?)

Interestingly, the other day I tried to unzip a file into Program Files
and 7zip couldn't do it. However, Windows Explorer could. (It asked for
permission.) Interesting, eh? :-.

>> Presumably I can use runas to give myself a command prompt with admin
>> access. (?)
>
> Or right-click on the command prompt icon and pick "run as administrator".

This works on XP, but under Vista I couldn't see an option for that...