POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 May 2009 19:20:28
Message: <4a07613c$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> a écrit dans le message de
> Of course it's not going to be complete protection. It's another layer of
> plausible deniability just like DHT is. The only good solution is a good
> distributed search algorithm. Bloom filters just make it possible to do a
> full-text search without any party knowing what you're searching in or
> what you're searching for.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. To be frank, I believe that right now
this is more a political issue (in the general sense) than a technical one.
No layer of obfuscation or deniability is going to stop litigation if the
copyright holders believe that it's in their best interest to sue and that
their copyright-based business model is sustainable. This will last for a
while, but the truth is that the whole copyright system, which made sense
when all goods were tied to physical objects, has been gutted by digital
technology and rendered useless. As a copyright holder, I've been writing or
reviewing contracts with IP clauses for a while now, and these clauses are
becoming more and more abstract and unenforceable while getting in the way
of actual business.

G.