POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 10 May 2009 19:13:01
Message: <4a075f7d@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> Monitoring, regulating and policing is *not* outlawing. Motorways are
> policed. Do you disagree? Do you think we would be better of without
> regulating traffic? Well, I propose the same thing for internet. And whether

	I think we'd be better off if they regulate street traffic, and do
little regulation of Internet traffic. The two are not tied together.

	One can result in loss of death - hence the need to regulate. The other
is far less tangible, and is to support something not many agree with.
One has consensus, the other doesn't. One can make an argument for
revamping copyright law without many caring. Revamping traffic laws to
reduce regulation is not going to go over well with the public.

--
DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG (UNDER PENALTY OF LAW)

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl