POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question of the week : Re: Stupid question of the week Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid question of the week
From: Darren New
Date: 10 May 2009 17:20:48
Message: <4a074530$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This is what I was looking for. Thanks.

Note that this is also the command equivalent for "nice".

> Hmm. I'd have to compile the installer first. (Usually you just run the
> installation program through the Haskell interpretter...)

Start the haskell interpreter that way. Note that you're really running as
administrator, so files created will be owned by administrator, etc. Sudo
only changes part of your identity.

> Presumably I can use runas to give myself a command prompt with admin
> access. (?)

Or right-click on the command prompt icon and pick "run as administrator".

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)