POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Chambers
Date: 10 May 2009 12:41:21
Message: <4a0703b1@news.povray.org>
On 5/10/2009 2:11 AM, scott wrote:
>> The music industry has succeeded in creating a world where a 7yo girl
>> downloading one piece of music from the internet is considered a bigger
>> crime than a company using a piece of utility software illegally to make
>> money.
>
> It's not the music industry's fault that the software industry does not
> go after illegal software as vigorously. There's nothing stopping
> Microsoft or similar other software giants trying to take the same route
> as the music industry. I wonder why they don't?

Haven't you heard of the Business Software Alliance?  Basically the same
thing for MS software, except they use more heavy handed strategy (ie,
things like showing up at your business and threatening you if you don't
let them inspect all your computers to verify you aren't stealing software).

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com