POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Warp
Date: 10 May 2009 10:18:01
Message: <4a06e219@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> Curious, do you feel the same way about movies?

  Making movies is much harder than music, which is why I appreciate movies
more.

> In any case, I understand
> that you don't think being a musician is not a real job, and that music is
> worthless.

  Being a musician is a real job, but it doesn't deserve special protection
which nobody else has.

  For example, someone who composes and directs the soundtrack for a movie
*is* making a real job, and is earning his money directly from what he is
doing (he gets part of the movie's budget in order to do his job).

  Someone who composes music for a videogame is making a real job, making
his part of the whole, and getting a salary for it.

  But why does he deserve a stronger protection than the other people
creating the movie or the videogame?

> You are of course entitled to your opinion. But the sheer amount
> of music piracy, if not sales, indicates that a great majority does not
> share your feelings and needs those things. It's a business as any, and
> there are all kinds of businesses someone somewhere deems unnecessary. Who
> really needs music, TV, movies, computer games,... etc - they are all time
> wasters anyway.

  You still don't understand the concept of priorities, don't you?

--
                                                          - Warp