POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: somebody
Date: 10 May 2009 09:23:46
Message: <4a06d562@news.povray.org>
news:4a06ac5e@news.povray.org...
> scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> > >  The music industry has succeeded in creating a world where a 7yo girl
> > > downloading one piece of music from the internet is considered a
bigger
> > > crime than a company using a piece of utility software illegally to
make
> > > money.
>
> > It's not the music industry's fault that the software industry does not
go
> > after illegal software as vigorously.
>
>   I used the term "music industry" figuratively. I think that should have
been
> clear from my text, but I suppose not.

"Figuratively", meaning what exactly? What I don't understand is, when the
music/entertainment industry seeks to protect their copyrights, they become
big evil corporate bullies. Yet, you complain that the software industry
does not go the same distance to protect their rights. Many here I assume
are developers, yet vehemently and unexplicably oppose copyrights. Is it a
not-built-here syndrome? Would tables be turned if it were the software
industry that united to protect their rights?