POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The next evolution in P2P : Re: The next evolution in P2P Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The next evolution in P2P
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 May 2009 08:23:36
Message: <4a06c748@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> a écrit dans le message de
> It doesn't have to provide content descriptions to make them usable, is my
> point.   You can have a search engine search content without knowing what
> that content is or what you're searching for.  That's what the bloom
> filters give you.

I still don't understand how that would protect the owners of the search
engine from litigation. If a user can get a pointer to get some illegal
content, the party that provided the pointer can be found liable, at least
if they didn't show due diligence in cleaning up their
index/tracker/whatever. How would your system work in practice (from a user
point of view) ?

G.